Grammar & Style Checkers

Subject: Grammar & Style Checkers
From: Robert Whitehead <rcwhiteh -at- MEDRCW -dot- B17B -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 12:23:00 CDT

Does anyone use a grammar/style checker as part of their normal
documentation development workflow?

I used to, some years ago, but I changed employers; went from PCs to
UNIX, and I haven't been able to find a good GSC in UNIX. Now we're
developing PC stuff, and we _need_ a GSC!

Can anyone share good/bad experiences using GSCs? Pros/cons?

Private replies work best, but copy it to the list; I'm sure others
will want to know.
--
| Robert C. Whitehead, Senior Technical Writer |

"Don't be silly. If this was really the ship's "Self-Destruct
Button", do you think they'd leave it lying around where anyone could
press it?"