Re: Starting an STC Student Chapter

Subject: Re: Starting an STC Student Chapter
From: Binion Amerson <aba -at- OC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 07:56:31 -0700

> Anybody out there had any experience with or know where to
> find information about starting up a student chapter of the STC?
> You may respond to me privately. Thanks for any help you can
> offer (and so do my students).

> Dan Lupo
> Purdue University Calumet
> LUPODJ -at- PUCAL -dot- BITNET

Dan:

To establish an STC student chapter, ten or more student members and at
least one voting STC member who is the student chapter advisor must submit
a written application to the STC office. The name and address of each
signatory to such application must be typed or printed adjacent the
signature. The application states the name and proposed boundaries of the
new student chapter and names the temporary president. The STC office
validates the application and presents it to the Executive Council or Board
of Directors for approval. Upon approval, the student chapter is granted
provisional status.

It is best to work through the Director-Sponsor for your region. The
Director-Sponsor for STC Region 4, which includes Indiana, is:

Carol J. Carlson
Technical Writing Services, Inc.
920 W. Margate Ter.
Chicago, IL 60640
B: 312/275-6633

Carol can further advise you on the process.

Good luck,

Binion Amerson, aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, STC Region 5

Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; Email aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, Society for Technical Communication (STC) Region 5.