Re: Grammar & Style Checkers

Subject: Re: Grammar & Style Checkers
From: Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 18:40:11 -0600

Pardon the intrusion, but can someone explain why it is so hard to get
subscribed to this list. I've asked my advanced technical writing students
to lurk and learn but they reported difficulties in getting their verifications
accepted. Some have sent the same ok message as many as 50 times before it was
accepted by listserv. Several gave up after five or six hours of trying.

Is a complicated verification process necessary? ( I certainly don't see it
in other BB's) If it is, can someone fix the computer to accept the
verification message the first time (yes, they were doing everything correctly).
I spent three hours with them this afternoon and we only got two on in that
timethough seven were trying. Can anyone help?

Dr. Michael Gos
University of Houston
Gos -at- UHDBIT