Re: reference search

Subject: Re: reference search
From: Jeff Holland <jholland -at- CARL -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 15:53:31 -0600

From LaVonna Funkhouser's previous message:

|I've done a stupid thing and need help from my net friends.
|I photocopied an article to use in a class assignment,
|but I didn't make note of the journal title, issue
|number, volume number, etc.
|(I'm a part time grad student who lives 90 miles from the library.)

|Do you know of a way to search for a reference by the author and title
|on the Internet?

LaVonna:

Telnet to uncover.carl.org or pac.carl.org for your reference.

UnCover is an article index and delivery service; journal articles are
indexed by table of contents and are searchable by journal title, article
title, author or keyword. You can have articles delivered via fax. Access
to the database is free, but there is a charge (copyright + service fee)
if you want an article delivered.

Pac.carl.org accesses several library and informational databases
(including UnCover).

--

jholland -at- carl -dot- org CARL Systems Inc.