Internet guide (was: Invitations to Oct. NNE STC meeting)

Subject: Internet guide (was: Invitations to Oct. NNE STC meeting)
From: Steven Owens <uso01 -at- MAILHOST -dot- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 13:25:46 -0500

Kelly Hoffman suggests:
> For those who are interested in learning more about the Internet
> and its various services, I highly recommend Ed Krol's _The Whole
> Internet Guide and Catalog_, published by O'Reilly and Associates.
> Send e-mail to nuts -at- ora -dot- com for info, or check your local bookstore.

> The book covers most (if not all) of the Internet topics listed in
> the NNE/STC meeting announcement that was posted here recently.

It's a decent book, but it may be a bit much for a first
reading, and it costs money (any is too much in most people's budgets
:-) I wrote a series of articles for a University publication a year
and a half ago, giving a basic introduction to the Internet. It
covered using telnet, ftp, archie, and a rather nice little list of
services, most of which are probably still around.

If there's sufficient interest, I could dig it up and post it...

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com