Re: business cards

Subject: Re: business cards
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 17:15:30 GMT

A business card (derived, I believe, from the calling card,
now obsolete except for a handful of formal occasions) is
supposed to do two things in varying proportions:

* Tell the recipient who you are (in business, highly
convoluted with what you do), who you work for, and how
to get hold of you.

* Impress him with what a classy, cutting-edge, dependable,
or <insert other cool adjectives> outfit he's dealing with.

I've never seen one that didn't have the company's name *and*
logo. If they've got a klutzy logo or unwieldy name, that's
another problem.

The most important thing is who you hand it to, and under what
circumstances, anyway.

Good luck,
Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.