Re: Q: Word vs. Frame

Subject: Re: Q: Word vs. Frame
From: Michael McClatchey <mmm -at- AISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 11:39:21 -0500

Katie Schuler wrote:
> 1. Can you successfully import a Frame document to Wordperfect?
We have a few customers who use Wordperfect and enjoy receiving the
manuals on disk.

I haven't tried it, and I don't want to...8^)
I can't believe that all the formatting would hold up, based on my experience
with Word. Also, the filters are different across the various platforms, so it
would depend somewhat on what hardware you're running.

> 2. Is it a suitable word processor, or would you suggest writing
in another application and importing?

Frame is perfectly adequate for word processing. The only thing I import is
ascii (or is it ASCII?), and that's mostly from email.

We recently switched our secretarial and engineering staff from FrameMaker to
WfW, and they seem to be doing ok. They do not work with long documents. Frame
works well for book-length manuals, etc.

Michael McClatchey mmm -at- aisinc -dot- com
Marketing Communications
Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc. (opinions expressed are not necessarily
110 Parkland Plaza those of my employer)
313-995-2035 / FAX 313-995-2138
Ann Arbor, MI 48103