Re: Re[2]: More personable tech writing

Subject: Re: Re[2]: More personable tech writing
From: Margaret Gerard <margaret -at- TOSHIBA -dot- TIC -dot- OZ -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 11:25:23 EST

One point raised in a previous post to this thread was the use
of contractions in making writing more "friendly".

I never use contractions in documentation unless I am quoting
conversation (maybe not even then) because, as far as I have been
able to discover here in Australia, contractions are NEVER taught
in ESL classes so a significant portion of the readership would
not understand them.

Regards,
Margaret Gerard