Re: Re[2]: More personable tech writing

Subject: Re: Re[2]: More personable tech writing
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 19:02:51 GMT

Hmm. Something scratching in the catbox that used to be my
mind says that there's been some research on these matters.

Specifically, I remember being one of the subjects in a series
of ethnographic interviews conducted by one of Tommy Barker's
grad students sometime around '86 or '87. Or maybe it was one
of Jimmie Killingsworth's students during his sojourn at Texas
Tech, and that was just the time I met Tommy. Something like
that. Anyway, researchers *have* been looking into personae
and voices in computer documentation and other tech writing --
what's come of it?

Joe
"Humility is something I've always prided myself on."
-- Former Cleveland quarterback Bernie Kosar in a TV interview on
11/10/93, explaining why he won't have any trouble playing second
banana to Troy Aikman in Dallas.