Topic/thread for Syntax Propellerheads?

Subject: Topic/thread for Syntax Propellerheads?
From: "JACK P. SHAW" <jsh -at- SOFTWARE-AG -dot- DE>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1993 18:25:13 MEZ

Writers in my area are always looking for a foolproof (we can
say "idiotproof", can't we?? I mean, we're among friends here,
right?) way to define software statement syntax that would not
be misunderstood. Does this raise anyone's pulse rate (other
than you, Paul...you know who I mean. Private joke, y'all, for
a colleague that's most assuredly tuned in)?

In other words, has anyone out there a breadth of experience with
documenting software statement syntax that has been well-received,
if not accorded accolades? I realize that, for those of you doing
the periodic maintenance table for a new model of the Caterpillar
D-12, this is not a hot topic. But some of us don't get the fun
stuff...

Jack Shaw
Software AG
Truth-in-Documenting Dept.