Re: Gender-biased language

Subject: Re: Gender-biased language
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 16:27:19 EST

This is off the top of my head--anyone with more definite
information is encouraged to correct me. I know that people
in some other English-speaking countries are less aware of
gender bias in language; this is true of England, for example.
Other than that, all I can add is that the gender of nouns
strikes me as a separate issue from the gender of pronouns`
used to refer to nonspecific human beings.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com