Re: "Overpriced" software

Subject: Re: "Overpriced" software
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 09:25:05 PST

> >> I think we all agree that FrameMaker is over-priced. Do what I
> >> did. Go out and buy an ancient version for $50. Then buy the
> >> upgrade from Frame Technology to the latest version. You'll save
> >> a ton of money and you won't feel guilty at night.. :->

I don't agree. Considering Frame's capabilities and its excellent phone
support, I think it's a great deal. Especially for the PC: $400 -- what
more do you want? If you really think it's overpriced, why don't you
vote with your feet and buy from someone who prices their software more
to your liking. Ventura, maybe? MS Word? Interleaf?

Oh, I see: You don't feel THAT strongly about it. . .

These people put out a great product, and they support it. And from
what I hear, they're not getting rich doing it. I think they deserve
our support -- and more than some $50 upgrade-trick dodge, too.

Arthur Comings
Senior Technical Writer
GeoQuest Data Management Division
5725 Paradise Drive, Suite 100
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415) 927-6215
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- sds -dot- slb -dot- com