Re: Phoenix Jobs

Subject: Re: Phoenix Jobs
From: Susan Mitchell <susanm -at- NCD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 17:19:37 GMT

Hey All,
I have sent out resumes to some major employers in the
Phoenix area. It doesn't appear that anyone is hiring at the
present time. I am graduating magna cum laude with an
English degree. I have experience with IBM compatibles and
Macs. I also know my way around the VAX and some UNIX.
Anyone know of companies that are hiring? I am
really starting to get worried. Looks like my English
degree might be better suited for working at a bookstore
for the time being!
Thanks in advance for your time.
(I'm sure you'll recognize my name from other posts about
resume questions, etc. All responses were quite
informative.)
- David Lowe
lowe -at- nauvax -dot- ucc -dot- nau -dot- edu

Send $4.90 to Bonni Graham (address below) and she will send you a
videotape and xeroxed handout that details exactly what you are
doing wrong (sending resumes) and advise you on what to do right.
I just got finished watching the video, and I was impressed at the
common-sense attitude and suggestions of the speaker (can't recall
his name.) The video tape/sound quality is not the best (of course),
but the information is rich and accessible, and it's easy to watch,
hear, and understand.

I think the name of the tape is something like "Guerrilla Tactics
in Employment Warfare." I'm sure Bonni will jump in with additional
details.

Bonni Graham
Technical Writer
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com
President, San Diego STC

--
Susan Mitchell
susanm -at- ncd -dot- com 415-691-2798