Re: Writer list

Subject: Re: Writer list
From: Joyce Hammock <HBJ -at- NIHCU -dot- BITNET>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1993 10:17:44 EST

I, too, had been a subscriber to the writers list.
You're right in that the postings of work, the
workshop assignments are very good. I eventually
unsubbed from the list because there was so much
personal banter going on that it filled my mail
box to overflowing. Even using the digest was not
successful because I still had to read through
what seemed like an electronic telephone conversation
between adolescents in which I was not remotely
interested in. So, to eliminate my frustration,
I had no choice...I unsubbed. I miss reading
other's material, but there was less of that than
there was of the chit chat. Since then, I have
found a list that is NOT narrowly focused as you
say, but does concentrate on the writing aspects
of communication without the never-ending silly
stuff that filled my box from WRITERS.