Re: How does one plug into the Internet?

Subject: Re: How does one plug into the Internet?
From: Elaine M Brennan <ELAINE -at- BROWNVM -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 08:41:01 EST

On Mon, 13 Dec 1993 16:04:00 MST Ken d'Albenas said:
>-

>In each of our STC chapter's newsletters, I write
>a few words about all the action on the Internet.
>As a result, more and more members are interested
>in signing on. But how?

O'Reilly & Associates have a book called "Connecting to the
Internet" which has several lists of dial-up access providers
and Internet service providers, including some listings
specifically for Canada.

For information on how to receive an updated version of DLIST,
their online lits of internet service providers who offer
dedicated line connections, send email to dlist -at- ora -dot- com -dot-

I recommend the book, since it gives both an overview of the
Internet and the services available, as well as a useful tool
for analyzing how one uses the net, and therefore what the
most appropriate services/providers might be.

(<title>Connecting to the Internet: An O'Reilly Buyer's Guide</title>
<author>Susan Estrada</author>
<ISBN>1-56592-061-9</ISBN>
<cost>$15.95 (US)</cost>

Elaine Brennan