Re: Dilbert Data Point

Subject: Re: Dilbert Data Point
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 12:25:20 CST

|} Just a small data point -- a correction from someone who started
|} off with a background in history:
|}
|} Dilbert is *not* the first on-line comic-strip.
|}
|} About a year ago Hans Bjordhal, writer of "Where the Buffalo Roam,"
|} started issuing uuencoded gifs of his work daily on the group
|} alt.comics.buffalo-roam.
|}
|} Unfortunately, Hans did not keep it up for long, but he was there
|} first!
|}

David Farley also distributes his own semi-daily cartoon script "Doctor Fun"
on alt.binaries.pictures.misc. He has a bizarre, Larson-esque brand of humor.
The first one that I saw featured a guy with a mouthful of food and a pained
expression, and the caption read, "Legos, the ultimate roughage food."

O.K.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ <insert boiler plate disclaimer here>
"In brief, she assumed that, being a man, I was vain to the point of
imbecility, and this assumption was correct, as it always is." H.L.Mencken