Re: (1) SIGDOC Conference; (2) authoring tools

Subject: Re: (1) SIGDOC Conference; (2) authoring tools
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 16:47:31 MST

1.
Believe It Or Not: if you come to the ACM conference in Banff,
you won't need to pack your skis. Although it snows at least
once every month of the year here, the ski hills don't officially
open till November.

If you'd like to mix with some Alberta STC members while you're
here, give us a call. (We're in the white and yellow pages in
Calgary and Edmonton.) Or drop me a line.

2.
Would anyone care to tell me what the term "authoring tool (or
system)" means to you? It's appeared 3 times in my mail today.
I used to only see it in sales hype, and I was told it referred
to something like an SGML interface, as opposed to desktop
publishing software. But in today's mail it sounds like it's
also being used as a synonym for word processing / dtp.

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
President, STC Alberta Chapter
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?