Re: online help (using duplicate contextual helps)

Subject: Re: online help (using duplicate contextual helps)
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 15:00:00 EST

Michael notes:
"Example: user highlights OK button, selects Help for it. Generic
help for "OK" appears. User is still confused, presses the F2 key;
help for the whole dialog (non-generic help) appears."

end of original post

Good point -- I was, however, speaking of a hypertext backward link,
which is different from a key-press backward link like you describe.
Thanks for the note though -- is this a specific thing you have to
code or does it come naturally with IPF?

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer |
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab | Never tell people how to
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | do things. Tell them
President, San Diego STC | what to do and they will
| surprise you with their
NOTE: apparently my email address needs | ingenuity.
to be typed exactly as it appears here, |
punctuation and all, or the system gets | --George Patton
upset. |