Re: What to do with the journals?

Subject: Re: What to do with the journals?
From: Kris Jaeger <krisj -at- MEI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 10:03:14 -0600

Greg Kushmerek writes:

>So my question to the virtual you: who saves these things? I'm considering
>getting yet another box to stick in the attic, but I already have
>SOOOO much stuff. Who really thinks they're worth referencing?

How about simply donating them to a university or technical college in your
area. It's amazing how many technical writing programs have no idea that
STC exists.

The journals would be an excellent resource for budding technical writers
or for that matter, engineers taking a writing/communication course :-).
You may or may not be able to reap any tax benefits from the donation, but
you would be helping to educate those who'll be entering or dealing with
our profession.

Just my nickel's worth.

Kris Jaeger Marquette Electronics, Inc.
krisj -at- mei -dot- com Diagnostic Technical Communication
8200 W. Tower Avenue
Milwaukee WI 53223 USA
Telephone: (414) 362-2605
Fax: (414) 357-5988