Re: Strange "warning"

Subject: Re: Strange "warning"
From: Susan Gallagher <Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 09:19:00 EST

RE: Kristin Evenson's step warning

>Your StepByStep can be abused and damaged.
>Sharp objects such as knives, pencil points, etc.
>can be forced into the foam. Just using common
>sense should ensure the StepByStep a long life.

>Don't those first two sentences sound as if they're encouraging the customer
>to abuse and damage the step? I can just imagine the proud new owner...."oh
>boy, not one of those hard plastic steps that can't be damaged!!! Hand me
>the steak knives!"

Perhaps there is a time when wording a message positively is
*not* such a good thing! Just a thought!

Sue Gallagher |
Sr. Technical Writer | "Updating a manual
Easel Corporation | is like changing tires
Enfin Technology Lab | on a moving car."
San Diego, CA | -- Edmond Weiss
Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com |