Re: Purpose of list

Subject: Re: Purpose of list
From: Sue Stewart <suepstewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 14:47:57 EST

I'd suggest that the purpose of the list is to serve as a wide-ranging forum
for the issues of technical communication. In other words, we could talk
about anything anyone is interested in.

We should avoid the mean-spirited, the carping, and the self-promoting.

And if some of us are concerned about being able to thin out the avalanche of
messages (ATTN: This is NOT a complaint!), then the best thing we can all do
is ensure that the subject line accurately represents the content. If it's
necessary to use the list to send a personal message, just say so in the
subject line so the rest of us can skip it, okay?

suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com