Re: Purpose of list

Subject: Re: Purpose of list
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 14:20:45 -0600

Jim,
I use this list as a resource--a community of persons
with various skills. When I need information (such
as about indexing), I ask the list because others out
there are more skilled in that area.
I also use this list in a more informal manner--as a
virtual community of writers on their coffee breaks. That
is where the "English legislation" and "grammar" topics fit into
the purpose. When we jump into these informal topics, we need
to be careful to focus on the subject, not on an individual's
skills or opinions. When the topic gets too personal, take the education
off list.
Also, let's remember to use accurate subject lines and to
use smileys when we are joking!

Taking my own advice (because it's good stuff!), :-)
LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com