my typo in Tuft's letter

Subject: my typo in Tuft's letter
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 08:53:32 -0600

I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to type the final chapter of
the thing/think thread without a mistake, and my fears were
realized. In Jennifer Tufts' letter, the third paragraph
should have read as follows:

"You've got another thing coming" probably originated
in speech with the reanalysis of the _k_ in _think_ as being
the _c_ in _coming,_ which leaves something that sounds
suspiciously like "thing coming" ("think oming" not usually
being an option in English). Since _thing_ is a much
more familiar noun than _think_, it's easy to see how
_think_ became _thing_ in some people's speech."

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com