File management

Subject: File management
From: BURGAMW1 <burgamw1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 12:30:21 EDT

I need some help from all you good people. The publications group I'm in has a
huge number of computer files for documents and graphics. Our file management
system, developed years ago when we were just starting to use computers
routinely, is woefully inadequate.

We use Macs. At present, files are being stored on floppy disks and Bernoullis.
We are considering using CD-ROMs. We have no way of cross referencing files; if
we don't know the assigned job number, we have a hard time finding material
that was done a while ago.

I'd appreciate any information you can give me about on-line file management
systems you're using to keep track of your documents and graphics.

Thanks.

Murrie Burgan, burgamw1 -at- teomail -dot- jhuapl -dot- edu