Typical Pay Scale?

Subject: Typical Pay Scale?
From: "David W. Pfister" <dpfister -at- STUDENT -dot- NYIT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 13:27:57 -0500

While we're on the subject of salaries, what would you folks consider
the "norm" for Technical Writers? Granted, I realize it varies depending
on area, experience, etc.

What kind of money can a college student with a lot of collegiate-level
writing work and TW consulting work expect to see with a Degree in
Technical Writing when they graduate? (Okay, Okay, Okay, the
generic "College student" is me :) )

I've been made a few offers and I honestly don't know what to conside
as being "good" and "bad."

-Dave