Re: Typical pay scale?

Subject: Re: Typical pay scale?
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 12:24:40 PST

Laura said:

>It is my understanding that tech writers with 5+ yrs experience, in the SF
>bay area, are making between $45 and $60K. If I'm way off base,
>please let me know; I may start looking for another job soon. :(

That's a reasonable range, though of course it depends on the company,
your experience, responsibilities, etc. I think it can vary a lot from
company to company, so contacts in the companies you apply to who can
give you some info about the pay are really helpful. If an interviewer
finds this range unreasonable, I tend to take it as a signal about
how much they value their tech writers (or don't, as the case may be).

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com