Are you creating/using WordBasic macros for WinHelp authoring?

Subject: Are you creating/using WordBasic macros for WinHelp authoring?
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 14:50:00 -0500

(Posted to both of the TECHWR-L and WINHLP-L mailing lists)

Macros written in the powerful Word for Windows macro language, WordBasic,
can be incredibly useful in accomplishing repetitive, boring tasks related
to authoring Windows Help (one e.g.: generating an index of all the topics
in a project). I have created a number of such tools, and plan to create a
number of others if and when I ever have the time and energy.

I am looking for people who have done the same thing to brainstorm with, and
in the hope that perhaps we can put together some kind of compendium of
WB-macro Help tools. These would be distributed MAYBE free of charge, MAYBE
as shareware, MAYBE commercially; this would have to be discussed among the
contributors.

At least one respondent to Faith Weber's (I think it was hers) recent survey
of WinHelp authors on TECHWR-L was using nothing but his/her own homebrewed
tools and WinWord; I'd really like to hear from this person!

Anybody who wants to can reply to this posting by posting to either of the
at the e-address given below, phoning or faxing me, or contacting me
telepathically, for that matter ;-)

Cheers!
PatO'
Patrick O'Connell |Brilliant-
Intermediate Writer, Eicon Technology Corporation |ly ornamen-
2196 32nd Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H7 |tal sig
Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com |UNDER
Tel: (B) 514-631-9825 x250 (H) 514-482-9279 |CONSTRUC-
Fax: (B) 514-631-3092 |TION...