Re: Texts for Manuals Writing Course

Subject: Re: Texts for Manuals Writing Course
From: "Rybak, Amy B" <abrybak -at- HSV21 -dot- PCMAIL -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 09:16:00 CST

You might be interested in our department's "Guide for Writers." It is a
style guide for our technical writers that includes sections on grammar,
terminology, tagging, graphics, etc... It includes most of the things we
want our writers to know about document development.

I have always thought that it (and others like it) would be a beneficial
addition to a course reading list.

Amy Rybak
abrybak -at- hsv21 -dot- pcmail -dot- ingr -dot- com
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Texts for Manuals Writing Course
Date: Wednesday, March 16, 1994 8:40AM

This fall I am teaching a course in writing technical manuals. I am very
disappointed with the "textbooks" on the subject and am interested in
looking at the tradebooks available. Does anyone have any favorite books
on the subject that might serve the purpose?

Michael Gos
University of Houston-Downtown