Re: People do read this stuff

Subject: Re: People do read this stuff
From: Pam Tatge <pamt -at- STEINBECK -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 11:12:02 CST

Vickie Rosenzweig writes:

> dust.) These third-party books may be signs that the documentation
> that comes with the software is poorly written or addressed to
> the wrong audience,...

Another thing that this might indicate is the difficulty of writing
for a large, diverse audience. It's tough to provide one document
set that meets the needs of novices, "average" users, and experts.
Most of the end-user documentation that I read seems to target
the novice-to-average user. Real novices may need something simpler;
experts may need something more advanced. Third-party books may
be able to better address the niche audiences.

Pam Tatge, Member Group Technical Staff
Texas Instruments Semiconductor Group, Houston
pamt -at- steinbeck -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com