Translating American to English

Subject: Translating American to English
From: Ram Bone <jendicot -at- NYX -dot- CS -dot- DU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 08:26:10 -0700

Have any American readers out there had experience creating training or
documentation for non-American, English-speaking audiences (e.g.
Canadians, Britons, Australians)? I'm curious about how such audiences
perceive the materials we create differently, conventions common here that
aren't familiar elsewhere, and any research that might have bearing on
this "same-language translation" subject.

Any observations from people conducting these translations in reverse
(Brits writing for Americans, for example) would also be welcome.

Please respond either to the list, or to me directly:

jendicot -at- nyx -dot- cs -dot- du -dot- edu

Thanks in advance...

John Endicott