DIN plug, -summary

Subject: DIN plug, -summary
From: Lars Helge Semb <lhs -at- VINGMED -dot- NO>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 11:56:35 +0200

Hi, first thank you to all 14 of you that answered my --DIN plug, -a term
to use?-- message.

- 21 percent answered they don't know what a DIN-plug is.
- 79 percent answered they know what a DIN-plug is.

Several people said they knew that the DIN-plugs are used on computers.
- on many PCs it's used as a keyboard connector,
- on some computers for the serial port,
- on the remote control on Rollei slide projector,
- and so on.

The "mini-DIN" are used on Mac computers, for key board, mouse, modem...

Many also said that a picture or drawing may be used to prevent confusion,
or just write "the round 5 pin (DIN) plug".

So what did my colleague decided to write?

He wrote: "Connect the cable with two 5-Pin 180=B0 DIN connectors between J1
and J101." The connection was also shown in a wiring diagram and the
receptacles were marked "J1" and "J101." No other cable from the kit could
be used for the connection.

Again, thank you for all the responses.


Lars Helge Semb
Vingmed Sound A/S
P.O.BOX 141
N-3191 Horten - NORWAY
Phone (+47) 33 04 21 32
=46ax: (+47) 33 04 56 96
email: lhs -at- vingmed -dot- no

Previous by Author: PageMaker vs Freehand
Next by Author: Re: Proportional Font
Previous by Thread: Re: Table Formats & Indexing Requirements
Next by Thread: online help usability

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads