On the light side

Subject: On the light side
From: Carl Stieren <ag231 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 07:32:45 -0400

Yesterday, while I was rewriting my work plan for REXXWARE 1.2 for the
eighth (and last) time, Lenore was trying to figure out how she could
convert our department from a business into an entire economy to
accommodate the new "team" approach, Jill had found the laser printer
spooler had barfed because of an "illegal command", and Jane was up
to her knees in unresolved links in her latest Windows Help compile,
we all needed some comic relief.

So Arthur (Art Johnson) came by, stroked his moustache and looked at
me sideways and said, "No more computer manuals - it's all gonna be
fiction from now on."

"Great!" I said, "I get short stories. You can have novels - they're
too difficult. How about some titles like:

- The curious case of the disappearing cursor
- The purloined parameter
- The day that Windows froze"

Any other contributions?

--
When peace that passes understanding : Carl Stieren
reigns on earth and on the sea, : Simware / Ottwawa, Canada