Re: Magazines and Journals

Subject: Re: Magazines and Journals
From: Doug Fettig <DFettig -at- NYD -dot- LEGENT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 09:01:00 PDT

Val Tassari writes:
>>I am looking for a magazine to subscribe to that will provide
>>design and layout hints, examples, advice, etc. for creating
>>product marketing materials and for enhancing my user documentation.
>>I have recently received subscription cards for two magazines that
>> claim to provide what I am searching for. They are:
>> "HOW - The Bottomline Design Magazine"
>> "Desktop Publishers Journal"

Can anyone suggest other magazines or journals that help them
professionally?

For some time I've subscribed to Computerworld. It's a weekly magazine
that summarizes events in the computer industry (although sometimes I
think it just prints the press releases that it receives), describes
computer
technologies, and reviews business software. Its product reviews always
include an evaluation (good/bad) of the documentation, and I've seen a few
articles stressing the importance of documentation in general.

Any other reviews or recommendations?

--Doug Fettig <> "Recent research indicates that the larger
dfettig -at- nyd -dot- legent -dot- com <> the chunk, the fewer chunks we can hold
<> in our minds at one time" --Robert E. Horn