Re: "U-prime"

Subject: Re: "U-prime"
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 19:45:21 EDT

who said:

the same time.

> I once read a book that said we should not use the word "use."
> Not as a noun, not as a verb; no where, no how. At least, we
> should try hard to steer clear of it.

I know two editors who must have read the same book. They contend
that the word "use" makes the sentence too vague. Of course, since
the programming specs were liberally sprinkled with the "U" word,
getting the programmers to say what they really meant was a real
challenge when we started developing the documentation.

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
Georgetown, CO 80444