Re: hand/wrist problems

Subject: Re: hand/wrist problems
From: "David M. Taylor" <davetaylor -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 20:39:21 EDT

<< From: lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM

I think that what *I* need is a wrist support for my
mouse. I think that my usual mouse position makes my
wrist a pivot point, and if my wrist or arm was elevated
slightly from the mouse pad, my hand would be more comfy. >>

I once tried the kind of pin cushion that clips on your wrist. By removing
the pins (important step) and putting it "upside down" on my wrist, I had a
wrist support that moved with the mouse and didn't take up desk space. It was
semi-successful, and might have been more so with some re-engineering.

<< From: bourne -at- PERVAX -dot- PERSOFT -dot- COM

I started experiencing hand and wrist pain from the combination of daily
squash, tennis, and mouse use. I forced myself to use my mouse with my
left hand and now don't have any wrist pain. >>

I used a similar approach, by adding a trackball on the left side of my
keyboard. Now I switch between the mouse (on the right) and the trackball as
my wrist or the current task demands.

BTW, I have just subscribed and am enjoying the flow of information (although
I need a better way to manage it all). I look forward to seeing those of you
who will be in Minneapolis. I'll be at the Washington DC chapter's '95
conference preview table on Sunday from 3-5pm and at the welcome reception
that evening.
,
` , David M. Taylor ... The Word Juggler
\o_
# Freelance writer
/ \ Columbia MD USA davetaylor -at- aol -dot- com