Re: space space

Subject: Re: space space
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 14:07:18 -0500

Yes, Chuck, I have heard the rule for years, but I
wasn't quite sure how much of a rule it was. I think
the Smart Space feature of some software is really cool,
but PageMaker doesn't do it. I am also not quite
convinced that one space is handled correctly by all
systems. (The issue is readability.)

I'm not really as stuck about this as I lead us to believe.
I can (and have) searched and replaced my double spaces.
I have also added a space on occasion if I felt the tracking
was so tight that two spaces were needed. I'd love to
see a real study on this.

BTW, I don't consider books that give opinions the same as a
research study.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com