How long do you spend...

Subject: How long do you spend...
From: Margaret Redding <ab555 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 03:31:39 GMT

I have just got some work editing technical papers, and I'm paid an hourly
rate.

It takes me a long time to edit a paper; by that, I mean a fifteen page
paper with lots of mistakes that involve re-writing might take me 8 hours
or more, especially if the syntax is really tortured. I edit the document in
Word, typing in corrections and underlining the text to be removed.

I find that it takes me some time to figure out what the guy (or gal) is
trying to say, and then re-write it. Sometimes I re-read and reflect, and
then re-write again.

I don't know what is reasonable to charge for. I'd appreciate others
telling me how long it takes them to edit technical papers that need a lot
of work. Am I just slow, or what?

Margaret Redding

--
Margaret Redding ab555 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Ottawa, Ontario