Napping

Subject: Napping
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 14:16:16 -0500

I work for Interphase Corporation in Dallas, Texas. The company provides a
"quiet room" with controlled lighting and recliners. The company
recognized many years ago that stress and exhaustion reduces
productivity. Quite often a short nap energizes and revitalizes the body
and the mind.

I don't have any empirical data to pass along - but the quiet room is a
very valuable benefit. I don't believe any employee has ever abused this
privilege, and I don't know of any employee who uses this room on a
regular basis.

A room of this type could be implemented on a trial basis. The returns
far outweigh the investment.

Joe Fockler
Interphase Corporation
Dallas, TX 75234