the MidEast Siesta

Subject: the MidEast Siesta
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- CRABAPPLE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 19:20:35 IDT

A few years back, when I was on a consulting stint in Israel, some
companies (mostly retail and financial) shut down from noon to 2:00 and
extended the work day until 6:00 or 7:00.

I don't know if this is still being done or if it was an anomaly to Haifa.

** Not an anomaly to Haifa; still practiced by the bulk of shops and
by most public services that open in the afternoon at all. But
succumbing to Westernization in general and to air-conditioning
in particular.
Mark L. Levinson | E-mail: mark -at- dcl-see -dot- co -dot- il
SEE Technologies Ltd. | Voice: +972-9-507102, ext. 230 (work),
Box 544 | +972-9-552411 (home)
46105 Herzlia, ISRAEL | Fax: +972-9-509118
If God intended one space between sentences, why do we have two thumbs?