Re: Skinny Dip

Subject: Re: Skinny Dip
From: Laura Lemay <lemay -at- DEATH -dot- KALEIDA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 17:16:10 +0800

>What's going on? Has the techwr-l list (and others as well) been sold to
>advertisers? Could the person(s) who maintain this list please remove Mr.
>Keogh's subscription?

Keep in mind that you do no need to subscribe to a list to send
mail to it.

Mr. Keogh posted this ad to most listservs and many usenet newsgroups.
From what I last heard his account had been deleted and he had been
roundly chastised, so mailbombing and other such things will not longer
be fruitful.

Ads like this are going to become more and more common on the new internet.
I'm a prolific poster, and I get 2-3 ads a week, unsolicited.
For best results, copy the offending message to the user ids postmaster
and root at the offending site (for example, it would be postmaster -at- kaleida -dot- com
and root -at- kaleida -dot- com to complain about me :) with a short complaint
("I find internet advertising abhorrent, do not send me any more"). Its
worked for me so far. Too bad the nujmber of clueless newbies seems to be
exceeding the number of sensible sys admins.

Laura, net.weenie