Responding to those stupid ads

Subject: Responding to those stupid ads
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 09:19:06 PDT

I also suggest that we refrain from copying our outraged replies --
along with the offending ad -- to the rest of the list.

Sure we're annoyed, but we don't need to shout at each other.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com

Suggest we develop a strategy to stop the improper use of this service by
persons advertising products or services.
1. We should verify that the advertiser's E-mail is correct.
2. We should bombard the advertiser with E-mail messages.
3. We could also send letters to the appropriate Better Business Bureau.
4. We could try to withdraw their E-mail account.