Re: Netiquette question

Subject: Re: Netiquette question
From: DaveTaylor -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 09:05:09 EDT

I prefer seeing a short quote at the beginning, to establish context for the
response. At the end might be better, though, if the quote is long.

As for marking the quote, a standard may be hard to achieve because of the
many different mail utilities around. I like seeing an indicator at the
start of each quoted line (such as ">"), but this is tedious for those of us
without an automatic means of doing so.

A related matter: I would like to see people stop using strings of hyphens as
a separator in their posts (around signatures, for example). The digest uses
hyphen strings to separate messages, and having that string within a message
messes up my mail reader.

Thanks for asking. --Dave
,
` , David M. Taylor ... The word juggler
\o_
# Freelance writer
/ \ Columbia MD USA davetaylor -at- aol -dot- com