Re: Gerry's scanned image touchup needs

Subject: Re: Gerry's scanned image touchup needs
From: Fred Wersan <wersan -at- ZEUS -dot- MA30 -dot- BULL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 09:56:50 EDT

Zsoft created the PhotoPaint portion of CorelDraw. If you look at the doc for
PhotoPaint and the doc for PhotoFinish, you will see that the icons are
exactly the same. I believe that Zsoft also created PC Paintbrush. PhotFinish
may be a spiffier version. Version 3.0 is out now. I have it with a 60 day
money back guarantee from their mailing, so you may be able to pick it up and
see if it does what you want. I believe that Zsoft is now part of the Wordstar
conglomerate.

PhotoFinish does a lot, for a low price relative to the big
time image editing programs. However I'm leaning toward getting something
like Fauve Matisse, which lets you treat marquees as objects that don`t get
pasted down the minute you leave them. Speaking of Matisse, you can get their
gray scale version for free off of Compuserve(?)
or for $9 (with a manual) be mail. It does everything in bit map editing that
the higher priced spreads do except color. A very good program for next to
nothing.

Fred Wersan
Quest Engineering Solutions
Documentation Services