Your opinions again, please.

Subject: Your opinions again, please.
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 07:16:09 PDT

A few days ago I asked for your opinions regarding gender (sexual) reference
and the response was overwhelming. Far too many writers gave excellent advise
for me to thank individually, so I thank you all, as a group. However, with
such stunning success on my first outing, I will pose another question to you.

When writing a set of procedures that results in a change in the screen
display, I have seen several ways to report the change:

1. The system (or name of application) displays the XYZ screen.
2. The XYZ screen is displayed.
3. The XYZ screen displays.

I dislike #3 as it seems that one must answer what the screen displays.
Anyway, I would like your opinions in this matter. What method is preferred
and, what methods do you use. Again, I thank you in advance.

David Dubin
Price Waterhouse
Computer Svcs Dept.
"Since brevity is the soul of wit, it just verifies my philosophy that most
politicians are witless."