Thanks-Was degreed and ...

Subject: Thanks-Was degreed and ...
From: Joan Miles Smith <jsmith -at- CCD -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 09:36:22 -0400

Well, I received many replies, both through personal mail, and
through the list. Just wanted to let you know that I have
nothing against people who don't have writing degrees and
are doing writing. I think that is great! I probably should
have done it myself and saved my parents a load of money!

It is true, though, that most, if not all, of you have better
writing and communicating skills than I do because you have
been doing it and enjoy doing it. I agree that a degree doesn't
make one a writer.

I only hope that those of us with degrees and with little/no
experience are still given a chance! I hold great respect for
some people I work with because they hold NO degree and
are wonderful to work with. Their main job is/was not
documentation, but they sometimes see things that we as
"writers/communicators" do not see. They are also MUCH more
organized than I am!

All in all, I appreciate all of the responses and I learned
some new things and met some new interesting people. Thanks!

Joan
jsmith -at- ccd -dot- harris -dot- com
Technical Writer

The Killer Ducks are coming!!!

( J | o | a | n ) ( M | i | l | e | s ) ( S | m | i | t | h )

jsmith -at- ccd -dot- harris -dot- com