Re: How many steps?

Subject: Re: How many steps?
From: Jim Snowden <snowdenj -at- HEAC003 -dot- GB -dot- EC -dot- PS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 08:34:34 +0100

One thing I tried to help readers keep up with where they had got to in a
long sequence of steps was to summarise the steps in a one-page "flow" diagram
at the start.

Then I'd deal with each chunk of steps in a separate section and in the margin
on the left have a small copy of the overall flow diagram. I shaded the chunk
in the diagram that the section was dealing with so the reader could tell how
far he/she'd got and whether now was a good time to get a cup of coffee.

I didn't have any feedback on whether it worked but it looked pretty.

Jim