CD-ROM/Electronic Distribution

Subject: CD-ROM/Electronic Distribution
From: "Garry F. Bartels" <Gbartels -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 06:58:47 EDT

Thanks to all those who responded to my last query.

I am in the process of getting our documents ready for distribution on CD-ROM
and
other electronic media. About 95% of our documents are done in Corel Ventura
Publisher with the remaining 5% done in MS-Word. Most of the documents
contain
considerable line art and/or gray scales. Also, the majority of our
documents are in 11
x 17" format.

We currently are using a DocuTech Printing system to reproduce paper
documents, so
I have postscripts available for all active documents.

I have copies of Common Ground and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Distiller which I am
currently evaluating. I will also be evaluating Replica. My first
impressions are that
Common Ground has trouble working with some postscript files. Common Ground
also seems to fall short on 11 x 17 documents -- the screen/printed images
are not
clear. Adobe Acrobat overcomes these problems, but I have not found the way
to do a
-90 degree rotate for my 11 x 17" documents. Hence, all the documents are
viewed in
portrait orientation. (Perhaps someone out there knows how to rotate these
documents? I have not used Adobe's "pay to play" support lines -- forget the
BBS.)

Any recommendations or suggestions for other methods of CD-ROM publishing and
electronic distribution of documents?

Garry Bartels
Mgr. Electronic Printing & Publications
Ericsson GE