correct passwords

Subject: correct passwords
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 08:28:00 -0700

Maybe it's just me (and tangential to boot), but it
seems remarkably patronizing to tell people to "ensure
that the password is correct." I cannot imagine that
anyone would type in a password *or anything else*
without making every effort to get it right. Am I just
too picky?
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Yes, you are being too picky, or else entering the thread too
late. The discussion is NOT about passwords but about
command statements. The example could just as easily been:

Ensure the [bizillion pound] component is securely fastened
to the overhead crane before releasing it from its
foundation. [and subsequently swinging it over your head!]

I wish you software documenters would realize that there is
more technology to write about than what's in that little box
on your desk.

Rich <rxs459 -at- fep1 -dot- rl -dot- gov>