Re: correct passwords

Subject: Re: correct passwords
From: Anne Halseytechwriter <ach -at- TOMICHI -dot- STORTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 10:59:49 -0600

Rich writes:

> I wish you software documenters would realize that there is
> more technology to write about than what's in that little box
> on your desk.

I bet a flamewar starts over this one! In my years of generating
docs for both software and hardware products, I've never encountered
this attitude. Let me suggest that, when posting to this group,
most of us use examples relevant to our own experience. So someone
who generally pretty much writes about software will probably use
software-ish examples (hence the password thingie); someone who
pretty much writes about hardware will probably use hardware-ish
examples (the component on the crane).

I doubt if these types of examples are meant to convey that the
other world doesn't exist ...

Now, having resisted the urge to flame, I'll return to my books
(both hardware and software, by the by ...).

Posted with a wry grin ;-) ...

anne halsey
sr tech writer, storagetek
anne_halsey -at- stortek -dot- com