Re: What to do if nonadherence will have a bad result

Subject: Re: What to do if nonadherence will have a bad result
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 21:28:28 GMT

> "what do we use to convey an imperative that should not be taken
> lightly?" Easy. Do like they do in mil-specs and standards.
> Add a "Caution" or "Warning."

Consider also adding (not substituting) one of the more-or-less-
standard icons for these purposes.

These things also go over better when you add a few words of
amplification. But the important thing is to make sure that
"WARNING! DO NOT PUT HANDS INSIDE BLADE GUARD UNLESS FINGER
BASKET IS IN PLACE! (or whatever) is both clear and obvious.
The amplification can go below or off to the side or whatnot.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.